Real Wedding Showcase – Black Tie Glamour
Today I want to share with you the wedding of Rachel and Will who got married on the 5th October 2013. They were looking for somewhere that offered exclusivity, privacy and intimacy. As London Wedding Planners a lot of our clients like the idea of getting away and having the perfect venue with outside space – Hedsor House in Buckinghamshire ticked all those boxes. When we started working together, Rachel had a few ideas in mind when it came to the look and style of the day but felt rather daunted about how to bring everything together and make it a reality. The colour palette chosen was white, ivory and champagne with a touch of blush pink, and the dress code was black tie. All images are courtesy of Pippa Mackenzie…
The entrance was very important as it set the tone of the day and an abundance of florals was used around the door frame alongside a mass of candles. The ceremony room is light and bright so the decor complimented this with the use of draping, soft tulle chair backs, white aisle runner and of course more flowers.
Hedsor House is a stunning venue but Rachel wasn’t keen on the main ballroom with its dark paneling and red carpet, but this was easily overcome by covering the existing flooring in ivory carpet, adding lighting around the room and making sure the table décor was amazing from the choice of linen, furniture, glassware and even the cutlery.
Entertainment also played an important part in the day, a superb group that we work with a lot played beautiful classical music for the ceremony but then took it up a notch for the reception, and then later surprised everyone before the first dance with an incredible performance on electric instruments. During the drinks reception there were also two strolling magicians and a silhouette cutter who kept everyone amused.
Rachel and Will met in London but recognised each other from their time at Leeds University. They decided to hire a Cranberry Blue to take away the stress of the planning, to recommend incredible suppliers and to design and create an unforgettable day. We spoke to Rachel after the wedding…
- What did you enjoy most about the planning process? I loved the styling aspect, all the different options and possibilities and making everything look beautiful.
- What did you find the easiest thing to work on? Probably the band and entertainment.
- What did you find the hardest thing to work on? The catering as family were getting very involved.
- Who was your dress designer and what was the name of your dress? Sassi Holford Verity
- What did your bridesmaids wear? Was it difficult deciding on a dress style and colour that they all liked? ‘Coast’ champagne colour, cocktail dresses. We didn’t want to go traditional bridesmaid so it was quite easy.
- What was the favourite part of your day? It’s hard to choose one element but the string group were amazing and so were the band, I also loved our signature cocktails!
What do you feel made your wedding day stand out from other peoples? The styling and the tables were absolutely gorgeous, and also the entertainment which everyone loved and it certainly stopped people from getting bored!
- Do you have a top tip for brides-to-be? Get a wedding planner (Cranberry Blue) and enjoy the day as it’s the most fun ever!!!!
To finish, a final word from Rachel…
“From the moment I met with Melanie I knew she was the Wedding Planner we needed for our day. Her portfolio was incredible and I knew she could see my vision straight away. Melanie’s creativity blew me away throughout the process, the designs she put together were divine, and all the suppliers she introduced us to were truly excellent!
Our day was absolutely incredible; Melanie and her team had created a magical & elegant day that we will remember forever! It exceeded all our expectations and Hedsor House was transformed into the most beautiful wedding. Melanie and her team are so hard working and without Cranberry Blue we would not have had a day anywhere near as good as it was! We will really miss working with them.”
Also, a note from Mark Spiller, Hedsor’s House Manager…
“Cranberry Blue Weddings organsied one of the best weddings we’ve ever seen at Hedsor. if you decide to work with them you will be in incredibly safe hands.”