Exciting Internship Position Available
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
We are delighted to be able to offer one candidate an exciting internship opportunity as part of the Cranberry Blue team.
What will you gain from an internship?
• The experience will help you to decide if event planning is definitely the career for you.
• Regardless of how much you think you’ve learnt about your chosen career from your studies, nothing can compare to real life, hands-on experience.
• It will enable you to enhance your CV before moving into a full time role or provide you with more confidence and knowledge before starting your own business.
• You will see first-hand how an event is organised from start to finish, whether this is a wedding, private party, product launch, charity dinner for example.
• You will work alongside Melanie who is the Director of Cranberry Blue and who has 15 years of event experience to share with you.
• You will start to make professional connections with suppliers and event planners alike.
• We will provide you with a reference for you to use if seeking employment after the internship.
Cranberry Blue is a luxury wedding and event planning consultancy, we design, plan and produce exceptional and bespoke events to the highest level. Our London based consultancy is offering a minimum 3 month, part-time paid internship as an Assistant Event Planner with the opportunity for you to become a Junior Event Consultant afterwards. We’re looking for a fun, outgoing person to join the team. Experience in event planning is not essential, although events experience in some form is preferable, however enthusiasm, willingness to learn and get stuck in is just as important.
Unlike many internships you won’t just be doing the photocopying and making cups of tea (although Melanie may occasionally request a cup but will in turn make one for you too), this is a very hands on role where you get to experience the ins and outs of being an event planner. Although Cranberry Blue is a boutique consultancy, it’s busy, fast paced and varied. Event planning is an exciting industry to be part of, although it’s important to understand that it’s not all cake tasting and dress appointments, there is in fact a lot of admin and unglamorous sides to the job which are an integral part of the planning process.
Tasks you will be involved in include –
• Research – this could be for accommodation, suppliers, venues etc.
• Working with Pinterest and other sources to start creating design boards
• Reviewing new supplier enquiries and adding to the database
• Answering the phone and screening calls
• Checking availability of suppliers
• Collating first draft proposals
• Obtaining quotes for hire items
• Researching and writing first drafts of blog posts
• Assisting Melanie on venue viewings
• Assisting and shadow Melanie at client/supplier meetings
• Typing up meeting notes
• Updating the databases and keeping them in order
• Assisting Melanie and the team with preparing and running events – this will include anything from pressing table linen, checking place settings, hanging escort cards etc.
• Attending industry events as a guest where relevant (this aspect is at your discretion and is unpaid)
The ideal candidate must have/be –
• Able to work well under pressure but also use your initiative and be forward thinking
• Extremely organised with the ability to juggle different tasks at the same time
• A passion for weddings and events
• A confident personality but be someone who is happy to take direction and work as part of a team
• Fun, enthusiastic and down to earth
• An understanding of current and predicted wedding and event trends
• Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
• Able to demonstrate creative flair that fits with the Cranberry Blue brand
• An understanding of the luxury market
• A clear attention to detail in all areas
• Good knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram
• Have a full and clean driving licence with access to a car ideally
• Be happy to ‘muck in’ and be involved in all areas of the business as required including many glamorous tasks!
What are the hours?
2-3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) 10.30 – 17.00 unless we have meetings in the evening that you are required for.
A minimum of 3 months but this could potentially extend to 6 months, starting at the beginning of September.
Please send your CV to email@example.com and include:
• A paragraph outlining why you would like this internship
• A mood board (in a digital format) that showcases a design concept for a wedding or event that would suit the Cranberry Blue client. Please kindly note this needs to be sent as a PDF as opposed to a link to a collection of Pinterest images.
We will compile a short list of possible candidates swiftly and then arrange telephone calls to discuss things further. We will then refine the shortlist and arrange meetings with 3-4 candidates before making our decision. We will endeavour to reply to everyone, however we are often over-subscribed so this isn’t always possible.
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED